2020 Australian Wedding Market Report
Book more weddings with our beautifully designed, easy to understand, affordable wedding industry reports!
The 2020 Australian Wedding Market Report is 49 full-color pages and includes unbiased wedding statistics and bridal research from real brides and grooms from Australia who were married in 2019.
Please note: all currency in the 2020 Australian Wedding Market Report is denoted in U.S. dollars to maintain consistency with the Global Wedding Market Report.
Wedding Market Reports are delivered in PDF format as an immediate digital download.
The results in this report are based on data from completed submissions of a continuous online survey conducted by Splendid Insights from January 1 - November 1, 2019. The sample was comprised of 18,216 male, female, and non-binary individuals age 16 and older who married in 2019.
Survey participants were reached via the extensive international network of professionals, suppliers, merchants, and media publishers that Splendid Insights has developed, both within and outside the global wedding industry. Participation eligibility was available to any person who legally married in 2019, regardless of country of residence, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, or income level.
Four generational cohorts are represented in this report: Baby Boomers (born 1943-1960), Generation X (born 1961-1978), Millennials (born 1979-2000), and Generation Z (born 2001 or later).
For this report, marriage relationship types were defined as heterosexual, same-sex, or “other” (in which at least one partner identifies as non-binary).
The survey was administered in English and all currency was denoted in U.S. dollars.
No incentive was offered to participants for completion of this survey. Incentive was offered to the international network of non-wedding and wedding-related professionals, suppliers, merchants, and media publishers who shared the survey with their communities.
The length of the data collection timeframe and large sample size allowed for more accurate segmentation.
The margin of error for the Global Wedding Market Report is +/- 1.1% with a 99% confidence level. The margin of error is larger for results based on segmentations of the Global Wedding Market Report, but never exceeds +/- 4.01% with a 95% confidence level.
You may share portions of the Splendid Insights Wedding Market Reports with your community. Please follow these guidelines:
- You may share insights in online and traditional mediums (social media, blogs, newsletters, speaking engagements, educational courses, television appearances, interviews, media kits, investor pitch decks, etc).
- No more than 5 individual statistics may be shared without written permission. Reports may not be shared in their entirety.
- Our reports may not be resold in any manner, and may not be used as part of an email capture lead strategy.
- Any shared data must include credit with an active link or tag to splendidinsights.com or @splendidinsights, in the location it appears (for example, credit must appear on the page or slide featuring a stat, not at the end).
- Nancy Ray Photography is the official photography partner for Splendid Insights. Any images shared from our reports must include credit with an active link or tag to nancyrayphotography.com or @nancyray.